Design Your City Competition
- Thu 18 March, 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Presented By:
- National Wool Museum
- Online - Competition closes 5pm Friday 16 April
- Event Type:
- Event Topic:
- Equity, inclusiveness and encounter in the built environment
Entries for the Design Your City Competition have been extended until 5pm Friday 16 April.
Got some great design ideas to improve our City of Greater Geelong? We can’t wait to see them!
Submit an urban design concept for Geelong. Respond to the festival theme Unpredictable by preparing a conceptual design to help city residents deal with the unpredictable. It may be:
- A public amenity (e.g. bathrooms)
- Transport infrastructure
- Service infrastructure (e.g. water, power)
- A public service building (e.g. library, leisure centre)
- A park or public space
Entries must include:
- a title,
- a detailed illustration
- an explanation of how it would benefit the community (up to 250 words).
Entries will be judged on:
- Creative response to the theme ‘Unpredictable’
- The potential benefit to the community
- Quality of the visual and written communication
To be eligible to enter you must be under the age of 18 and the work must be your own. There are two categories – Junior (12 years and under) and Senior (13-17 years). There will be 5 finalists and an overall winner in each category. Winners will receive a great prize pack, including:
- Their concept turned into a professional poster and displayed at the National Wool Museum
- Publication and sharing of their concept online
- A family membership to the National Wool Museum valid for 1 year valued at $70
- A book up to the value of $28
Finalists will also receive a family pass to the National Wool Museum and publication of their concept online.
Finalists will be selected by the National Wool Museum and Urban Design Teams. The winners will be selected from the Finalist by the City’s Design Champion and Manager of Urban Design – Jonathan Daly.ENTER NOW