The International Indigenous Design Charter
- Multi-day event from Thu 19 March. Details below
- Presented By:
- Deakin University
- The Project Space, Deakin University Waterfront Campus, corner of Cunningham St and Western Beach Rd, Geelong
- Thu 19 March, 9:30am - 5pm
- Fri 20 March, 9:30am - 5pm
- Sat 21 March, 9:30am - 5pm
- Sun 22 March, 9:30am - 5pm
- Mon 23 March, 9:30am - 5pm
- Tue 24 March, 9:30am - 5pm
- Wed 25 March, 9:30am - 5pm
- Thu 26 March, 9:30am - 5pm
- Fri 27 March, 9:30am - 5pm
- Sat 28 March, 9:30am - 5pm
- Sun 29 March, 9:30am - 5pm
Learn about the Australian Indigenous Design Charter and how it aims to help accurately and respectfully represent Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture in design and media.
Exhibition about the story of the International Indigenous Design Charter.
The International Indigenous Design is an expansion of the Australian Indigenous Design Charter, developed by Deakin University’s School of Communications and Creative Arts with experts from the Institute of Koorie Education, in collaboration with Indigenous Architecture and Design Victoria (IADV), and the Design Institute of Australia.
Since its launch at the 2017 World Design Summit Congress in Montreal, the International Charter has been adopted by design studios and businesses around the globe.
The Charter outlines best practice protocols for working on projects representing Indigenous culture– especially when it’s being applied commercially.
Register to attend this event
Wheelchair accessible venueBook Now