- Multi-day event from Thu 18 March. Details below
- Presented By:
- Joseph Oliver Yap
- Event Type:
- Public art installation
- Event Topic:
- Art, craft, fashion, visual communications and multimedia
- Thu 18 March, 9am - 5pm
- Fri 19 March, 12am - 12am
- Sat 20 March, 12am - 12am
- Sun 21 March, 12am - 12am
- Mon 22 March, 12am - 12am
- Tue 23 March, 12am - 12am
- Wed 24 March, 12am - 12am
- Thu 25 March, 12am - 12am
- Fri 26 March, 12am - 12am
- Sat 27 March, 12am - 12am
- Sun 28 March, 12am - 12am
The unpredictability of the Covid-19 pandemic and the complexity of the world’s waste problem have triggered negative emotions like anxiety, loneliness, and hopelessness. Wasteland offers an optimistic outlook by finding art in trash, and by showing that these are shared human experiences.
Everyone is invited to participate; all that is needed is a smartphone, a glass jar, and some waste at home, such as used packaging, broken materials, or food scraps. Discover unique textures, colours, and forms that would have otherwise gone to the bin.
Together, we can make art from waste and show that a crisis is also an opportunity.
This event is available to access 24/7 and is easy, fun and accessible for all ages.
Please visit www.wasteland.site to join.
A special ‘Wasteland: Open Studio’ event will be held on 24 March at 5:30pm via Zoom to virtually discuss the project and its evolution with the creator of Wasteland.
Bookings required, click ‘Book Now’ button below to register.Book Now