International: 2019 Shenzhen Design Awards for Young Talents (SDAY)
Call for entries
Geelong designers under the age of 35 are invited to submit projects for the 2019 Shenzhen Design Awards for Young Talents (SDAY).
**IMPORTANT NOTE – if you are a resident of Geelong and wish to enter the 2019 Shenzhen Design Awards for Young Talents, you must first be nominated by Geelong – UNESCO City of Design. Please register your interest with Nerilee Jones, Industry Development Officer, City of Greater Geelong – [email protected]
The theme for 2019 is Inclusive Design and professional designers or teams and design students from member cities of the UNESCO Creative Cities Network (UCCN) can apply.
Designers are invited to submit projects that provide new perspectives for the public and provide new ideas for solving problems and challenges across categories including:
- Communication: brand & identity, packaging design, publications, typography, posters, illustrations, information visualization
- Interactive media: interactive design, website UI design, PC and mobile UX design, animation design, game & software design, motion picture and television design
- Industrial design: automobile, furniture, product design
- Spatial design: architectural design, landscape design, interior design, urban and public guiding system design
- Fashion design: apparel, accessories, texture design, dyeing & knitting
- Public service design and design thinking in public policy
The entries submitted by professionals shall be works that are complete and have been implemented, or have become available on the market. The entries shall be completed between January 1, 2017 and October 31, 2019.
All entrants shall be natives of or have been living for at least two years in one of the UNESCO Creative Cities or Hong Kong.
For more information on eligibility, categories, prizes and criteria, please click here.