PechaKucha Night “Design Journeys”
- 27 Jun, 2019
- Beav's Bar, Little Malop Street Geelong
The smallest spark can lead to the greatest inspiration. How has design shaped a project, experience or process, from one place to another, either personally or professionally?
Following the success of the inaugural PechaKucha night in March, this fun and informal multi-speaker event is returning in June with the theme “Design Journeys”.
Thursday 27 June
6:30pm – 8:30pm
Beav’s Bar, Little Malop Street Geelong
Free entry, drinks at bar prices
Click HERE to book tickets
Presented by UNESCO Geelong City of Design, PechaKucha Night will feature a range of 400-second stories about clever and creative design.
Imagine this: 8 speakers, 20 PowerPoint slides, shown for only 20 seconds each. There’s no stopping the slides so presenters must keep up!
PechaKucha is the Japanese word for ‘chit chat’ but increasingly it’s becoming known as a fast-paced, presentation format to tell stories and present ideas.
Join creative professionals to hear stories about great projects, some incredibly personal, some funny and all very different.
Experience the PechaKucha phenomenon, held in more than 1000 cities around the world and discover why these events are renowned for uncovering unexpected ideas and serious talent.
Come enjoy a night out at Beav’s Bar Geelong with local creatives!
- Tina Perfrement, CleanTech Innovations, City of Greater Geelong
- Joel McGuiness, Geelong Performing Arts Centre
- Dr. Kaja Antlej, Deakin University
- Dr. Geoff Russell, City of Greater Geelong
- Andrew Dunn, Box Eds Paper Crafts
- Bruce Gladwin & Scott Price, Back to Back Theatre
- Aamir Qutib, Enterprise Monkey